10 November 2020
BSO Covid-19 Business Continuity Plan November 2020
Dear BSO customers,
As the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues and brings unprecedented and unexpected challenges to businesses and individuals worldwide, we would once again like to extend our thoughts to our customers, partners and vendors.
Some countries have entered another wave of the pandemic, others are coming out of a second lockdown. Wherever you are in the world, we want to reiterate that our commitment to deliver our network, cloud and hosting services to you remains the same.
In line with our core values and in strict compliance with our Business Continuity Plan, our focus on protecting our employees, assuring the continuity of critical services from our vendors, and communicating transparently with our customers has positioned us to continuously deliver the services that you expect.
Our Covid-19 Business Continuity Plan globally has allowed us to ensure seamless operations throughout these challenging times, including provisions for ensuring all services remain fully operational and are equipped with the necessary resources and supplies.
We have implemented several precautionary procedures that reflect the company’s focus on:
- The health and safety of our customers, partners, vendors and employees
- The continuity of our services
- Compliance with governmental regulations and public health guidance currently in place to address the situation
These precautions include the following decisions to minimise the risk of impact around the globe as well as to keep our customers and employees safe:
- Only business-critical BSO personnel is allowed on-sites. In line with Government advice, the majority of our people are working from home and are proficient in using virtual conferencing equipment to meet with customers and each other.
- A rotate work-from-home policy for all non-essential personnel is implemented in order to ensure social distancing without impacting customer service or business processes.
- Our employees who may experience flu and virus-like symptoms are asked to stay home.
- An appropriate social distancing strategy within our facilities and offices following WHO recommendations is implemented.
- International business travel has been limited.
- Increase communication and coordination with our critical infrastructure, network, and cloud platform vendors relating to their expected deliverables.
- Work with our key suppliers to ensure continuity and sufficient stock levels.
- All office phones systems have been rerouted to ensure continuity.
These actions enable BSO to maintain operational readiness and protect against service disruptions by minimising risk to employees and business associates. We’re continually reviewing and adapting our plans and will keep you informed of any significant changes to these guidelines and procedures.
If you have any questions regarding our response to the coronavirus, please contact your sales representative.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation throughout this current situation and we thank you for your continued trust and confidence in BSO.
BSO Chief Executive Officer